Friday 20 June 2008

Friday Already!


I've still been busy packaging my rose earrings.
I just love these little aluminium tins I got a hold of.
So, Friday already, and as usual I haven't done half the things
I'd hoped. Still, my challah bread is baking in the oven
with the promise of a restful day ahead.

Here is my easy bread machine Challah recipe
Sorry it's in metric, and is not particularly accurate,
but that's what I use here! It's my own recipe I have adapted
from a variety of recipes. I always look for the easy options!

2 eggs
a splash of milk
enough lukewarm water to make the eggs and milk up to 300ml
520g of strong white bread flour
I sachet of easy yeast - suitable for bread machines
A half teaspoon of sea salt
and two tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of honey
(a pinch of saffron if I have any)

I bung the lot in the machine - liquids first -with the saffron,
then the dry ingredients. Then I use the dough setting.
I always like to check once it has started mixing to make sure
the dough looks moist enough. If it doesn't, I just start the machine
off again and add another splash of milk. Once it has risen, I knead
again and, if I am feeling patient, I divide into four bits, roll them
into sausage shapes,and plait them together. Other times I just
stick it in a round tin.Sometimes I glaze with an egg
and add poppy seeds, and sometimes I don't.
Either way, it tastes delicious!
I bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius.
I believe the same dough is good for cinnamon rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.