Wednesday 8 October 2008

My latest efforts...

This is painted with acrylics on a wooden disc.
I then sealed it with acrylic varnish.
Actual size is only about 1 1/2 inches.
It is a belated (oops) birthday present for a dear friend.
This is a birthday present for my niece who
loves sunflowers. I painted the image
with watercolours before setting it behind glass
and encasing it with polymer clay.
The focal bead is vintage glass.
Actual size of sunflower part is about
3/4 inch by 1 inch.


And this is one for my Etsy shop.
I made the beads using a selection
of herbs and spices and some
Highland lichens, encased in polymer clay.
It was time consuming, but I am really happy
with the way it turned out.
I love the textures and colours.

Thank you to my lovely husband for sprawling on the
driveway and taking the pictures for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, really beautiful pendants. And the beads are very cool. I've never seen ones with herbs baked right in. How clever! You have some beautiful photos and beads (the owls on the branch are a hoot!) And I love your little doodles in your header, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.