Thursday 3 September 2009

Brambles

I can't believe that the brambles are ripening already. Where has the year gone to?
BRAMBLE. Isn't that a lovely word? It's sort of makes me think of going for a country walk and getting purple stained fingers and lips, and listening to birdsong....I guess a country AMBLE...So we picked some brambles and Naomi made us a delicious bramble and apple pie.
Here you can see it cooking, but it didn't last long - so sorry no photo of the finished pie. Well, I have to say, this blog post was a bit of a RAMBLE...I'm off !

5 comments:

  1. We call these Blackberries here. At least they look the same in the picture. It was a bad year for them here. Couldn't find enough for a pie. Yours looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the name "Bramble". I have never heard them called that.

    What a lovely pie!! Did you eat it warm with a little vanilla ice cream?? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummu! Are Brambles the same as what we call blackberries here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls,
    yes, these are what some people call blackberries. I think bramble might be a Scottish word- not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! brambles and apples in a pie! "Bramble" recalls to mind children's stories of long ago times.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.