Monday 14 September 2009

A lovely walk...

We went for a long walk on Saturday, just me and my girls. Actually, it was a lot longer than I had intended - about 3 and a half hours. I'd forgotten how long the route took - and we only read the information after we'd been on the walk. We managed to keep the little one going by bribing her with brambles. e.g. "If you make it to that next tree, you can have another one! " It worked quite well, but my feet were really sore when I got back. The walk was in an amazing place called Monadh Mhor which is a pine woodland that has been transformed back to its original Pine bog woodland Habitat. There is a circular walking/cycling track around it, and it is very beautiful. We saw many species of dragonflies and butterflies, and the wild scabious and heather were purplicious! Photos by Naomi.






This was my husband and son passing us on their cycle trip.

4 comments:

  1. What a ovely place...very serene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Sounds like it was a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place and great photos... it looks so serene!

    Wanted to thank you for your visit to my blog and for your prayers... I'll post updates as we continue to prepare for our adventure!

    Blessings to you...
    Karla

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.