Monday 13 September 2010

Happy New Year

I came across this photo in one of my folders today,(wish it was a better quality photo), and it seemed appropriate to post it with greetings for the New Year -the Jewish New Year of course. We celebrated Rosh Hashana last week, and are looking forward to celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles in a short while.
This was a picture I made a few years ago for a friend who was leaving to go back to the States from the UK. It shows the seven species, and in the centre has the Aaronic blessing from the book of Numbers in the Bible. It is my prayer for you this new year...

The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6:24–26, NIV)

The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you
and give you peace.

1 comment:

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.