Friday 4 March 2011

Face to face

I have spent a very pleasant morning with a lovely lady I met through blogging. Monika from Red to White. We have been in contact with each other on and off for some time now but this is the first time we have met face to face, and it was wonderful to meet this amazingly talented lady in person. 
  
I encourage you to check out her myriad of fabulous felt creations, many of which are available at her Etsy shop.  I love to read in her blog how she goes from inspiration through the processes to reach the final created garment. This lady is a true artist!

It's the first time I've ever met up with a bloggy friend and I'm pleased to say it was a delightful experience. We had much in common and had no trouble finding things to talk about. I forgot to take any photos of our meeting I'm afraid, but here she is modelling one of her fabulous cowls.
I am now also the delighted owner of one of her beautiful hydrangea brooches. Thankyou Monika! I love it!  It was so good to finally meet up with you.  I look forward to the next time :-)

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great fun meeting up with bloggers? I've only done it once (on Tuesday!!) but I LOVED it!!! I was so nervous beforehand but felt instantly at ease. I'm so glad you had a good time too.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Doda! You are soo fast! I have been encouraged very much through our meeting, thank you, and thank you for this lovely post as well! :) In His love,m. ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I love the scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to meet another creative friend!
    I have a bloggy friend that lives here named Kristi from thespeckleddog.blogspot, she and I have hung out 4 times now--we have a lot of fun!
    What gorgeous scarves--yes! She is an artist!
    (So are you!)
    So happy that you have a new friend!
    How's the house coming?
    Love you!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.