Tuesday 19 April 2011

Coconut pyramids


It's time to make a whole load of coconut pyramids again. The last couple of weeks have been a bit hectic. I've been Spring cleaning the house and getting ready for Passover as well as getting ready to put our house on the market. If you'd like the recipe for coconut pyramids, you can find it here.

We eat coconut pyramids to remind us of the straw and mud bricks that the Israelites made to build Pharoh's treasure cities. 

Exodus 1:14 ...and they made their lives bitter with hard labor in mortar and bricks and at all kinds of labor in the field, all their labors which they rigorously imposed on them. 

However, it's no hardship to eat them...they're yummy. (Although I'll probably not be saying that by day 7!) 

1 comment:

  1. Now you have me *really* fascinated... are you Jewish? How wonderful to celebrate Passover?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.