Friday 15 March 2013

Floral Headband

I've been playing around with the Bouquet Boutique floral dies from Tonic Studios. This time, I have used some slub silk, or raw silk as it is otherwise known. I stiffened the silk before cutting by applying a coat of matt Mod Podge and letting it dry. It seemed to work fine. I believe they do make a fabric stiffener. I may need to investigate that! The centre of the flower is made from tiny seed beads.
I glued the lot together with my trusty old glue gun. I've had it for about 25 years and it's still going!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this would make a great fascinator for a summer wedding outfit, how clever

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.