Sunday 12 May 2013

A bird journal

I've just finished off a little bird journal. The paper inside was recycled from one of my old school jotters plus one of my older daughter's school jotters. Mine is so old the paper was cream so I layered it cream/white/cream/white. I have to admit my journal making was a bit rusty, but I really enjoyed the process and now I should be better at it if I make another one soon.

If you are interested in making your own journal there are a gazillion tutorial videos available on Youtube. Just pick one you feel comfortable with and give it a go.

The fabric cover is decorated with rubber stamps from Tonic Studios. I used Versacraft ink as this is suitable for fabric - you can fix the ink with an iron.
The bird is cut out of Tomato Paste tube using one of Tonic's new bird dies. I think this is my absolute favourite die.
I wrapped a pencil and lined the inside using some of their new Bird paper range.
As you can see from the squared paper, it was old maths jotters I used. Now I am going to use this for scribbling my poetry and song ideas down - a  much better use as far as I am concerned. I don't have a head for numbers!

1 comment:

  1. What a special, beautiful little book and pencil set! You did a really lovely job! I just love it! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.