Thursday 27 February 2014

A touch of decoupage

Would you believe this started life as a red metal tray with a snowflake pattern?
After a bit of a sand, two coats of metal primer, and three coats of base colour, some Mod Podge, laser printouts of shells that I got from the Graphics Fairy, and patterned paper cut with the fabulous new dotty lace punch and matching intrica die set from Tonic. Followed by about 3 coats of Mod Podge to seal it.
OK, so it was time consuming, but I am pleased with the result and it should last for a good while...and aren't the new dies and punches so pretty!
Lots more crafts to come...watch this space.

Have a great day. Hope the sun is shining for you !

Doda
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doda, this tray is stunning! I love the way you have transformed an old tray into something special. I'd be afraid of using it incase I spilt anything on it! Love the new dies and punches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Well worth the effort.Can't go wrong with seashells!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.