Tuesday 22 November 2016

Make your presents felt.


I was keen to test how the Tonic Tangerine Die Cutting machine handles felt. I was impressed. It cuts through it like butter. The felt I like to use is a wool mix felt, not too thick. I used the Kings Cross Case die to get the general shape for this bag. I trimmed off the flaps that are there for gluing and used blanket stitch instead to make this mini tote bag which is just the right size for a gift card.


The top flap of the bag I tucked in and used running stitch to hold down. The creases that are indented by the die make it easy to fold at the right places. I had fun embellishing the front of the bag with this little oak leaf design from the autumn leaves die sets.


I have a feeling this will become a handbag for my daughter's rag dolls.
Why not try cutting some felt with your dies. The Tonic Studios verso dies are perfect for this as you can use the outline dies to cut your felt.  I hope this gives you some ideas.

Have a lovely day




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.