Saturday 24 February 2018

TV cabinet from an old sideboard


I realised that I never posted this little upcycle I did a few months ago. I purchased a really solid good quality but rather dull sideboard  from a local lady who runs a junk business. I get the goodies delivered to my door, so what could be better. That's the way to furniture shop!

I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to stage the cupboard prettily for a photo shoot before it came into use as our TV cabinet, but you get the idea.
.
This is  what it looked like before...
As you can see, solid, but not very interesting. I gave it a sand, refinished the top with Polyvine wax finish varnish, and the base with Sarah Jayne Chalk paint and affixed new handles to it, which gave it a much classier look. It's not that I didn't like the handles that were on the drawers, I'll save them for another project. I just wanted a change of look. Plus, the doors didn't have handles and I thought it would look better with.

I love to paint my own artwork, but I also enjoy using vintage graphics, especially on furniture. This design is from the Graphics Fairy. There are tons to choose from on her site, and even more if you go for a paid membership.

I traced the design onto the doors using carbon paper, I then hand painted it using a mix of chalk paint colours to make this soft grey.


I'm rather pleased with it!

Lots of other projects waiting to be done still...as always!

If you want to check what I am up to at the moment follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dodasmith/

Have a lovely day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Thanks for dropping by. I enjoy reading all your comments.